Approving artwork for CD/DVD printing, paper parts and packaging is vital to ensure that the finished product is of a professional standard. wewow provide digital PDF proofs as standard and can also supply cromalin/wet proofs upon request. Digital and/or wet proofs should be checked thoroughly by clients before approval is given so we have compiled a short checklist to guide you through the process.
You should be confident that;
- The correct fonts are displayed on proofs.
- Text is properly aligned.
- There are no spelling/grammatical errors.
Please be aware that PDF proofs are not an accurate reflection of colour as digital proofs are displayed in RGB colour on a computer monitor. Please request cromalin/wet proofs if you concerned about colour output (this may be chargeable).
- Spot pantone colours are stated correctly.
- For CD/DVD print a white or silver based should be specified on the proof.
A silver base will generally be indicated by a 2nd page on the PDF.
- Matt or gloss finishes should be specified on proofs, where applicable.
- PDF proofs should be checked with overprint preview switched on.
- All images & text are displayed and placed correctly.
- Artwork is aligned to tick marks.
- Text and logos are a minimum of 3mm away from the trim line.
- Page numbers are correct & you are confident that pages are laid out in the correct order – particularly if the artwork is set up in printer’s pairs.
wewow’s expert reprographics team are on hand to offer artwork guidance so please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.